Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Blog Post A. Chapter 1.

Chapter one was filled with new ideas and information, I found very interesting. With the upcoming generation I think its important to understand technology for not only our own uses but also for the purpose of educating the generations to come. " Today's 8-to-18 year olds are a member of the iGeneration of youngsters who have grown up using computers, social media...etc."

For me technology was never very easy, I obviously can get around my phone and all the apps, but creating a website, or making a blog for instance, is totally new for me. Reading through this chapter at times was overwhelming, but it mentioned strategies for learning new technologies, which I found to be very helpful. It gives examples such a, in science they might use a virtual chemistry lab, or how in language arts a teacher might use digital storytelling and student-made digital videos for writing autobiographies. These are just some of the ways I learned can be used in a classroom.

I never realized how important your digital identity, (which refers to your technology talents and competencies) by showing this with the students we show them how technology can be used creatively, and most importantly for learning, in and out of the classroom. I feel like this is very important especially in todays society, with the iGeneration, to know more or just as much as the students to be able to properly help them.

Resources:
Textbook - Maloy, Robert, Verock-O’Loughlin,Ruth-Ellen, Edwards, Sharon A., and Woolf, Beverly Park (2013). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment